Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dave Barry's "Snakes need to be put in their place: outside"

I love Dave Barry, I think he is an amazing writer. He has the that blessed skill of humor that so many people wish they possessed. One of the things I enjoy most about his writing is that he is so easy for just about everyone to relate to in one way or another. I think the every day issues he writes about are things that a good majority of the U.S. population will one day possibly have the chance to deal with. In this article he talks about his encounter with a large snake. The story is quite funny, the way he deals with it. But I know as the majority of people read this article they will be able to picture themselves chasing some crazy critter around their house or a park because they are scared of it and want it gone so they don't have to deal with it anymore.

Another thing I enjoyed about Dave Barry's piece was the way he let you into his mind little by little. The small things in quotes that show what he was thinking just make you giggle on the inside and out, that's how good at using humor Dave Barry has come to be. I love Dave Barry because he is funny and relateable I love to read any of his work because he is a fantastic writer.

No comments: